Selective Catalytic Reduction
Over the past 15 years ECI have designed and manufactured SCR NOx Abatement Systems in Australia and abroad.
Our current Australian owned and operated business utilises the latest computer control technology to compliment this system and to ensure accurate and accountable results.
The benefits gained from the research and development in the use of the ECI SCR System and Oxidation Catalyst, for current and future Co-gen building projects continually set the industry benchmark for both business and environmentally sustainability.
ECI are passionate about the environment and we are proud to offer this technology to keep air quality in our urban area’s clean and further reduce green house gas emissions.
Why use SCR for NOx Abatement?
Pre Exhaust Gas Treatment, Environmental and Health Impacts
- Ozone (precursors, NOx and VOC); eye and respiratory irritant, asthma exacerbation, bronchitis, lung damage
- Oxides of nitrogen; respiratory irritant, immunosuppressant, asthma exacerbation.
- Carbon monoxide; headache, irritability, impaired judgement and memory, breathlessness, aggravation of angina and other cardiovascular diseases, developmental toxicity.
- Particulate matter respiratory irritant; high levels associated with increased incidence of cardiovascular and lung failure in elderly, asthma in children.
The pollutant of most concern being generated from gas and diesel genset, turbines and industrial process applications is NOx. NOx emissions are of particular concern due to their contribution to ground-level ozone formation and acid rain.
In the lower atmosphere, NOx combines with reactive organic gases in the presence of sunlight to form ground-level ozone, which is the primary component of urban smog. In addition, nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide are components of acid rain. In the fuel combustion category, the NOx is the largest contributor at 82 per cent of the total exhaust emission.
Selective catalytic reduction is a post-combustion control technology capable of reducing NOx emissions by 80-95 + per cent. The ECI Selective Catalytic Reduction system selectively reduces NOx by combining liquid Urea/Ammonia (NH3) and Oxygen (O2) with NOx in the exhaust gas, in the presence of a catalyst to form molecular nitrogen (N2) and water (H2O). Selective catalytic reduction (SCR) in conjunction with various oxidation catalyst options produces beneficial and accountable NOX, CO, VOC and PM emission reductions.
SCR System Components
A typical ECI SCR system is comprised of a urea storage tank, vaporisation and injection equipment for the urea, a mixing duct, SCR reactor with catalyst, and instrumentation and control equipment. The system can be integrated with a BMS via a modbus port and offer 24 hour remote access and data logging.
- Long catalyst life.
- System design flexibility for Marine, Rail and Plant applications.
- Broad temperatures range from 285 degrees Celsius to 520 degrees Celsius.
- Compatible with various fuel types, which includes contaminated fuels with up to 3.5% sulphur.
- Process guarantees.
- Ongoing maintenance and emissions testing services.
- Urea supply.
- Remote access to PLC controls.
- Technical training and engineering manuals.